Diesel Research Lab classes will be from 9am-5pm, with breakfast and lunch served each day. On Wednesday night, all students are invited to a fun-filled dinner sponsored by Sonnax. Students will be divided into two groups and will swap out the following day.
Learn from the following exciting keynote speakers in our classroom setting:
- - Paul Parkins from TCS Products out of Canada | "Metallurgy: The Science Behind the Shafts"
- - Chris Horbach, Product Engineer for Borg Warner | "Grab N Go: The Science Behind the Clutch"
- - Randall Schroeder from Sonnax Industries | "68RFE: The Kicking, Screaming 3-year-old and How to Parent It Like a Boss"
- - Brad Posadas, SunCoast's Lead Engineer | "Brad's Brain: Theories Behind the Madness, Design and Development"
- - SunCoast's Blake Carter & Montana Cherry | "How to Party with Refinement: A Love Story Between Turbo & Converter"
- - Mark Puccinelli from TransGo | "Emerging Issues in the Industry"
- - Mike Cargill from Transtar Industries | "State of the Industry and Moving Forward"
- - Dave Landa from Alto Products | "The Future of Surface Finishing for Frictions and Steels"
- - Ryan Milliken from Hardway Performance | "Grasping the Correlation between Transmission & Engine"
"Pick Your Poison" - Spend the day with one of SunCoast's transmission builders learning the ins and outs of your favorite transmission and techniques to ensure it's properly put together.You don't want to miss this! Tickets are extremely limited, so be sure to scoop yours up now!
The Diesel Research Laboratory will be held at the SunCoast facility at 631 Anchors St NW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548. The course culminates with an Open House Party that Thursday at Hardway Performance, a morning of family-filled beach time on Friday with a Gas vs. Diesel shootout that night, and is followed by a Saturday of racing at the Emerald Coast Dragway September 14 for the Hardway Sunshine Showdown. SunCoast will also be open Friday morning to allow any students to come in and recap what they learned with our knowledgable employees.
ADDED BONUS: All Diesel Research Lab students will receive a free VIP Pass for Sunshine Showdown.
Discounted rates for the week of Sunshine Showdown are available at our favorite beachfront getaway and lodging partner, The Island by Hotel RL. Book online, or all (850) 337-9194, and mention Sunshine Showdown to receive our special rate. Rooms will fill up fast, so book soon.
For more information about the Diesel Research Laboratory or Hardway Sunshine Showdown, email [email protected], or call (800) 868-0053.